Trailer & light Service
The most common failure seen with trailers is worn bearings, in which case an entire wheel from the trailer will come off, often at highway speeds.
Trailer services and repairs are therefore an extremely important responsibility for you the owner. A good guide for trailer servicing is approximately every 10,000 km’s or once a year if you use the trailer often.
• Bearings: Inspect for excessive play and grease
• Tyres: Check for wear, deterioration and punctures
• Winch and Jockey Wheel: Inspect and grease
• Rollers: Inspect and report
• Fittings and Fixtures: Inspect and report
• Axle and Suspension: Inspect and report
• Lights: Test for operation. Inspect lights, trailer connector and wiring